Sponsor An Initiative
Frequently Asked Questions
We are seeking proposals from local Chamber of Commerces, nonprofit organizations, and businesses to partner in developing programs and resources for Deaf and hard-of-hearing business owners.
Proposals are open-ended but should be written and include the following:
- What is your objective?
- What type of support from NDCOC and/or its partners do you need to achieve your objective?
- What will be your contribution to the initiative?
We are looking for proposals that may have some of the following initiatives:
- Creating American Sign Language translations of existing resources offered by local Chamber of Commerce
- Captioning or adding ASL interpretation of existing videos
- Offering ASL Interpreters at local events and soliciting participation by deaf and hard-of-hearing business owners
- Offering reciprocal membership and perks for local deaf and hard-of-hearing businesses
- Funding or sponsoring an award, event or marketing campaign that raises awareness and opportunities for deaf and hard-of-hearing businesses
- Provide free or reduced cost access to software and services for businesses
Other ideas and proposals are welcome.
RIT/NTID is currently working with the NDCOC to solicit proposals and ideas to develop opportunities for young entrepreneurs and prospective business owners who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
Proposals should include the requested contribution from RIT/NTID and the contribution of the business or local Chamber of Commerce. Examples include but not limited to:
- Sponsoring RIT/NTID entrepreneur programs and activities for deaf and hard-of-hearing students
- Creating credit or paid internship opportunities to execute portions of new program initiatives.
- Using RIT/NTID facilities to execute portions of new program initiatives.
The benefit of a partnership with the NDCOC-RIT/NTID is the ability to support and develop opportunities for young deaf and hard-of-hearing business owners.